Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Heaven unlocked


This is my ecard for this Christmas - I share it now with warm greetings to anyone who's still here... It's a bit of a shock to realise  that I haven't blogged here since Advent Sunday! Not really deliberate or pre-planned and I'm not quite sure why... The reflections and ponderings that have been going on for me over this, my favourite season, have not felt quite ready for the light of day. Not a lack of trust in you, dear readers and fellow bloggers - remember I'm an introvert and it takes me a while (longer than usual in this instance) to know what I'm thinking... And a fair bit of energy has been taken up in keeping the old Black Dog (thanks, GP) to heel - a seasonal hazard maybe?

So, Christmas Eve...  I said Morning Prayer today in a Caffè Nero (other coffee chains are available!) against a background of tinkly sleigh ride music, which unexpectedly segued into For Unto Us A Child Is Born.  It was all lovely!

And here, with my very best Christmas wishes to you, is St Augustine:
 
For what greater grace could God have made to dawn on us than to make his only Son become the son of man, so that a son of man might in his turn become the son of God? Ask if this were merited; ask for its reason, for its justification, and see whether you will find any other answer but sheer grace.


(Sermo 185). May you experience sheer grace this Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Antonia.
    I am glad I am not the only one who says the offices out and about. 'Earth's crammed with Heaven,' and all that stuff.
    Good to see you posting again.
    Much love,
    Julian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julian - and very good to see you here, too! The iBreviary app is very useful for prayer on the go!

      Delete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.