Saturday, 9 November 2013

PS to "Struggle"

... And inspired by Greenpatches' recent post. I'm reading David Steindl-Rast's The Music Of Silence - about the monastic hours  and how they can help us mark the changing moments or "seasons" of the day. This comes from his chapter on Vigils, the pre-dawn service, and I read it in bed at 3am today. It was one of those times when my tired body was out of synch with my refusing-to-relax mind so I didn't have the energy to get up and post this straight away. And I'm now feeling too lazy to type out the relevant paragraphs so a couple of screenshots will have to do, if that's OK with you. You can click to enlarge if you need to.

 




2 comments:

  1. Dear Antonia this is a very special book for me and I'm reading it too this week. I well remember meeting Br. David a couple of years ago and I still feel that sense of blessing and encouragement from someone who lives hose words so very deeply.

    Thank you for the blessing and encouragment you bring to your readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for your encouragement, Silentium. Good to see you back here!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.