Monday, 13 May 2013

De gustibus...



Have you ever played the game where you sneak a look into someone's trolley at the supermarket and try to guess the story behind their choice of purchases? I once saw a trolley containing nothing but a large crate of tinned cat food and a bag of quick-drying cement (can't even begin to guess...); another had two thermal vests and a pineapple (feeling the cold and longing for the tropics?)

So here's a glimpse into a virtual trolley, courtesy of Amazon. I would so love it to be one person who bought all three items (in case you can't see, it's a "pin the tail on the donkey" game, a multi-coloured sombrero and a copy of St Augustine's City of God). I bet they throw great parties!

And what on earth was it in my shopping history that prompted the connection?!

4 comments:

  1. After extensive research (Google is my friend!) I've concluded that you're searching for some tips on how to pep up your lawn before you throw a Mexican themed garden party. A packet of St Augustine Grass seed is even now winging its way to your door.

    Is there a prize for the correct answer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to disappoint you - but I don't know what the correct answer is - honestly! I haven't been buying grass seed (you've not seen my lawn...). I did buy a copy of Henry Chadwick's biography of St Augustine, so that explains that, but sombrero and donkey game? No idea! Sounds a wonderful garden party, though!

      Any thoughts on the cat food and cement?

      Delete
  2. I missed those two, being somewhat distracted by the inflatable kangaroo at the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever floats your boat... ;-)

      Delete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.