Sunday, 24 March 2013

Palm Sunday (for Sunday Snippets)

Entry into Jerusalem (I found this here)

See, your King comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey (Mathew 21:5)

What does The Lord ask of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8)

I seem to have been hearing a lot about humility lately, and today is a good day to reflect on what it means; it is a subtle and elusive grace of God (Ignatius reminds us we have to be chosen to receive it - we can't create it for ourselves). Many things can masquerade as humility.  I've been struggling to order my thoughts about it: Screwtape has much to say as always...

Once again, I'm joining in with Sunday Snippets - A Catholic Carnival.  This last week I've written about Daydreaming and procrastination (something I know a lot about!) and Balance (something I'm still striving for...)  And some thoughts on our call to flourish, inspired by an out-of-place flower. Have a blessed Holy Week, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.