Tuesday, 26 March 2013

March is going out...

Like a lion, or possibly a snow leopard! This is my entry for the March Simple Woman's Daybook. I missed February and almost missed this month too - but here I am!
Outside my window... Leaden sky, heavy with snow (though at the moment it's only blossom petals swirling around) trees swaying in the wind. The house opposite is swathed in scaffolding - they're having a new roof - but no one's working today and the street is quiet and empty.
I am thinking... about the Chrism Mass I attended yesterday: beautiful music, greeting old friends, the joy of seeing priests renew their vows - and some bittersweet memories of Holy Weeks past. But...
I am thankful... For where I am now and for all that led me here; for life. Yes, and for the winter - its lessons and gifts.
In the kitchen... Little pots of freshly-made chimichurri and mayo. The makings of a Thai green curry. Photos on the wall of Pope Benedict and our dog (separately, I mean. They have never met).
I am wearing... Black denim skirt; black sweatshirt with embroidered motif of whippets; red opaque tights; black ballet pumps (the nearest I'll ever get to anything balletic!); my hair loose and rather frizzy today from the cold, damp weather (has been described as the Morgan Le Fay look); black-rimmed glasses for an air of studious gravitas (it's not working).
I am creating... A workshop on Discernment & Desire, based on the Spiritual Exercises, for a group of spiritual directors in Stockholm after Easter.
I am going... Out for coffee and shopping soon. Then to write my Easter cards - and as I do it to recall all who have touched my life this year and pray for blessings of new life for them.
I am wondering... What the future holds for aspects of my work - there are changes in the air.
I am reading... On The Way To Jesus Christ - a collection of essays by Joseph Ratzinger
I am hoping... Just hoping...
I am looking forward to... Lunch. And spring.
I am learning... That spring will not come any sooner however much I'm longing for it.
Around the house... Books, books, books. Siren calls to curl up with a blanket and read (see the picture below!)
I am pondering... "When I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Cor 12:10)
A favourite quote for today... "You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves" (Mary Oliver)
One of my favourite things... The colour and scent of the ingredients of my chimichurri coming together. The thought that some of these things - parsley, oregano and maybe even red peppers will be growing in my garden again one day.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Term has ended, so time to rest, catch up on projects - and savour Holy Week.
A peek into my day ...





2 comments:

  1. nice and compact post.
    you sound really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jennifer - welcome! Thank you for the compliment. Do visit again and read some more - see what you think then! Have a blessed Easter and a bright spring.

      Delete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.