Sunday, 17 February 2013

Sunday Snippets - Lencten








Here's John Everett Millais' Ophelia - I've posted the picture before, but indulge me if I say again that while the model was of course Lizzie Siddal in her bath the river is the Hogsmill, where I walk with our dog at the weekend, to unkink my back after the hours I've spent sitting in trains, at desks, and in the spiritual direction room. And this weekend it's Lent, from Lencten, an old name for the spring - when the days lengthen and birds sing. Here's how the Hogsmill looks now...








This week I wrote a few words - more seemed superfluous - about the news from Rome. And some thoughts, here and here, about Lent. Finally, another reflection about spiritual direction, in the form of a favourite poem.





Blessings to you for this holy season!


Once again, linked with Sunday Snippets - A Catholic Carnival, hosted by RAnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.