Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Hope

A cold, grey Lenten morning... And a couple of H/Ts to fellow bloggers for making me smile. Angela at Bright Star has some beautiful promises of spring today - surely on its way - in word and picture, reminding me that however it might feel, our English name of Lent means the time when days are lengthening: Lencten.

(LATE EDIT - great explanation about spring and when it starts here, from Archdruid Eileen, of course!)

And an even greater hope than sunlight: we won't be wearing Lenten ashes for ever. He has sent me...to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion –to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. (Isaiah 61:2-3) Meditate on that, and then have a look at Ferrebeekeeper for a bit of fun, and pick out your own!

Here's Hope by Sir Edward Burne-Jones...




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor - nice to see you back! Blessings to you too.

      Delete
  2. What about the nativity play version studded with fruit gum jewels? I'd go for that every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Handy if you get hungry too. I once heard of a priest who made a sanctuary lamp studded with fruit gum jewels. Hope they didn't melt...

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked my post,Spring is coming always a beautiful time of the year.I love the journey through the seasons but sometimes Winter seems that bit to long. x Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela! Yes, this winter has felt very long... I'm generally a "winter person" and love it, but I am longing for spring! Lovely to see the daffodils and the days lengthening.

      Delete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.