Sunday, 27 January 2013

Sunday Snippets - a change in the weather


Well, the daffodils have survived the snow and the birdbath no longer needs to be defrosted with kettles of hot water (in the photo it looks empty, but don't worry birds - it isn't). Today we've had a real variety of weather - sunshine, rain, wind, hail and an ever-changing animated cloudscape. In a week which will bring St Brigid's Day (or Imbolc if you prefer) and Candlemas, could it be that the year is turning?

Last night I couldn't sleep and felt I wanted some fresh air.  Rather than cause a disturbance by unlocking doors I settled for the bathroom window - flung it wide open and let the wind blow rain in my face; watched the trees waving and the clouds scudding over the Moon. It's been a while since it was not far too cold to do that.

So, this past week I've been musing about:

Linked with Sunday Snippets - A Catholic Carnival, once again hosted - thank you! - by RAnn

4 comments:

  1. Who knows, Spring may not be far away.

    As a Franciscan, I'm pleased to see you have a birdbath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting me along, RAnn!

      Delete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.