Sunday, 13 January 2013

Sunday Snippets - Baptism of The Lord


As soon as Jesus was baptised, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. (Matthew 3:16-17)

The Sun sings thy praises;
The Moon glorifies thee;
The stars supplicate before thee;
The light obeys thee;
The deeps are afraid at thy presence;
The fountains are thy servants.
Thou hast stretched out the heavens like a curtain;
Thou hast established the Earth upon the waters;
Thou hast walled about the sea with sand.
Thou hast poured forth the air that living things may breathe.
(Orthodox: Great Blessing of the Waters at Epiphany)

Just a couple of "snippets" from me this week, for the regular round-up hosted by RAnn:
An angel, a dream and a star, and
A last look at Epiphany

And not by me, but something I've been reading: a reflection on Christ's Baptism, here,  by Fr Christopher Colven, shared with us by the Marylebone Ordinariate Group.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.