Thursday, 24 January 2013

Ivy and slush


Ivy - symbol of faithfulness and tenacity, and of Mary the Mother of Jesus. Be strong, be who you are, says Ivy. Hold fast... Find consolation in winter and wait for spring. Let your soul magnify the Lord. God is good. All shall be well. Let it be.


Ivy beareth berries black
God grant us all his bliss; 
For there shall we nothing lack...
(From the Mediaeval Baebes' song Veni Coronaberis)


Oh, and a thought for the day from Ogden Nash:
Snow is snowy when it's snowing;
I'm sorry it's slushy when it's going.

Read the whole poem here.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts about ivy.

    When I was growing up we had a poetry book by Ogden Nash and I so enjoyed reading his poems.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.