Sunday, 9 December 2012

Sunday Snippets - A Catholic Carnival

As you might have noticed from the comments on my last post, I've been invited to join a group of Catholic bloggers who get together to share what they've been blogging about. Have a look here to see  the host blog of RAnn who was kind enough to leave the comment. I realise that Sunday lasts longer in different parts of the world (if you know what I mean) but here there's not all that time left for Snippet-gathering.

So, to anyone who stops by here - as well as my little band of regular readers - a brief word of greeting on this Second Sunday of Advent, and welcome to The Love That Moves The Sun. It's a place where I like to try and put my thoughts and musings into words: as I say in the little blurb on the right of the page, I love to share what is life-giving for me. In previous stages of my journey I had the opportunity to do this through preaching, and though I don't always miss the discipline of sermon deadlines there have often been times when I've read or seen or heard something that touched my heart - and I found myself wishing I could pass it on; pay the gift forward somehow. That's how this blog was born - almost exactly a year ago. There have been gaps, and frustrations with the techie side of things - Blogger does seem to have a life and a will of its own sometimes and I am not the most technically-accomplished of people - but I've decided I really enjoy the world of blogging. It's always a real privilege and joy when someone comes along and leaves a comment to say that something I've written has touched them too. So thank you to all who have done so.

This Advent I'm trying to find time to stop and savour all the gifts of this season, which I love: to "pay attention", as Mary Oliver says in the quotation I've used in the heading of my home page. I've shared my ponderings on:
The early appearance of Christmas lights and decorations
Looking at the sky on a wintry night
Considering God in all things on a walk with the dog
Gifts from others' books and blogs

I hope you might enjoy some of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.