Monday, 17 December 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Blog!




I wrote my first post on this blog one year ago today! Hard to believe twelve months have gone by, and here we are at O Sapientia again. I have enjoyed blogging, as I thought and hoped I might; above all it's been so good to meet my little band of readers and followers - and such a joy to catch glimpses of your lives and creativity through your blogs. Thank you all! And always interesting to follow links and blogrolls and see what you've been reading... There's a lot of, well, questionable stuff (to say the least) out there in blogland - I've discovered the dubious world of rants and trolls along some dodgy by-roads - but also some amazing people who seek simply to "share what is life-giving", as I've given  as my reason for blogging.  Some of you might see this as in the realm of God/the Divine/Spirit, others will have different names but, all of you, what you've shared has enriched me. And I love getting comments! I'll never forget my excitement when I first saw that little tag "1comment". I still feel it every time!

The first of the Advent O Antiphons today as, in the light of yesterday's Gaudete rosy dawn, we start to call by name the One we wait for. Our first, distant glimpse is of Wisdom: despite the random ugliness and violence that sully the world we can still see God's "sweet ordering" all around us: Holy Wisdom, open and heal our eyes to see your handiwork in all creation.


O Sapientia, quae ex ore Altissimi prodiisti,
attingens a fine usque ad finem,
fortiter suaviterque disponens omnia:
veni ad docendum nos viam prudentiae.

O Wisdom, coming forth from the mouth of the Most High,
reaching from one end to the other, mightily
and sweetly ordering all things:
Come and teach us the way of prudence.



6 comments:

  1. Many happy returns on your blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary - ad multos annos et blogposts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gratias ago tibi, Silvana! It was you talking about the delights of blogging that helped give me a nudge to start...

      Delete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.