Sunday, 2 December 2012

A tiny Epiphany

An ordinary suburban Sunday lunchtime walk... Sharing a joke with fellow walkers; magpies chattering; wild feathery cirrus clouds in a blue, blue sky; frost in the shadows; a bicycle bell pinged in greeting; avoiding dog sh*t on the pavement and picking up after my own (my dog's that is); sunlight through the remaining green-gold leaves of an oak tree. I stopped by someone's clipped privet hedge and, struck by the vibrant colour of the leaves, I suddenly thought - no, that's the wrong word... I sensed, I heart-knew, I gut-knew... God in all things. And then, bigger and wilder and more astounding... All things in God. In him we live and move and have our being. (Acts 17:28). Emmanuel. The Love that moves the Sun. Amen: so it is; so be it; truly.

4 comments:

  1. Amen indeed. Thanks so much for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog a two days ago. I love your blog name, "the love that moves the sun". This morning, I was listening to an interview of Jean Houston by Oprah Winfrey (viewable here http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/Full-Episode-Oprah-and-Jean-Houston-on-the-Heros-Journey-Video), and then again, that beautiful phrase comes up (towards the end). I now have these words echoing in my heart. I had read about the Divine Comedy, but never actually read it. Perhaps I will pick it up. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.